Volunteer Services are vital to the Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital mission of optimizing the quality of healthcare for our patients. Our volunteers provide hospital departments and staff with capable, dependable and trained volunteers who contribute thousands of hours of service annually. Our goal is to offer a compassionate presence to our patients, their families and visitors.
More details on the qualifications and benefits of volunteering are below. To apply, complete our Volunteer Application Form. (Please note: a new window with the application will appear.)
- At least 16 years old (with parental consent)
- Pass criminal background check
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Participate in personal interview
- Attend hospital orientation for new volunteers
- Discuss TB testing with manager during interview
- Provide immunization records for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and chicken pox
- Read and comply with Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital policies
- Obtain hospital identification badge and uniform
- Adhere to hospital dress code
- Complete on-the-job training for assigned volunteer service
Summer student volunteers agree to 8-continuous-week commitment of 4 hours per week. Adult volunteers agree to a 12-continuous-week commitment of 4 hours per week. We also ask that volunteers not be seeking employment at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Personal growth
- Invitation to annual volunteer recognition event
- Discounts at Hospital Gift Shop and Patio Grille
- Increased knowledge of healthcare, hospital programs and services
- Awareness of hospital community education and wellness presentations
- Interaction with community-minded, service-oriented people
- Free flu shots
We welcome your application at any time of the year.
Student applications are accepted during the following dates:
- Summer: April 1 through June 1 for 8-continuous-week summer volunteer session
- Fall: August 1 through September 1 for 12-continuous-week fall volunteer session
- Winter: November 15 through December 15 for 12-continuous-week winter volunteer session
Apply Online and Contact Us
To apply, complete our Volunteer Application Form. (Please note: a new window with the application will appear.)
For more information or any questions, please contact Suzy Schreiner at 847.535.6851 or email@example.com.