If you or someone you know needs help with depression or suicidal thoughts, here are some resources for teens, parents and teachers to reach professionals with expertise in identifying the signs of adolescent depression and suicide risk.
Click on the above image to view full-size or print.
If someone is in immediate danger, call 911.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.TALK (800.273.8255)
- Lake County Health Department/Health Center/Crisis Center (24/7): 847.377.8088
- McHenry County Crisis Program: 800.892.8900
- Child Abuse Hotline: 800.25.ABUSE (800.252.2873)
- Department of Children and Family Services
- Illinois Suicide and Crisis Hotlines
- Lake County Suicide Prevention Website and Resources
The LOSS Program
(Loving Outreach to Survivors of Suicide)
651 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60661-1012
A non-denominational support group for those who are grieving a death by suicide or a family member or close friend. Provides ongoing monthly meetings for survivors and individual and family counseling.