As one of Illinois' oldest hospital-based home health agencies, Northwestern Home Health has been bringing quality, compassionate and skilled in-home healthcare to thousands of area residents for more than 40 years.
We are dedicated to helping you improve your quality of life after leaving the hospital or any other time you require assessment, education and skilled intermittent care. Our experienced staff offers a wide variety of services that range from personal care to high-tech infusion services—all in the comfort of your own home. Skilled care is provided by RNs and therapists with diverse clinical backgrounds in the care of patients with acute and chronic illness.
Additional benefits of Northwestern Home Health include:
- Hospital-based program provides opportunity for prompt physician coordination and continuity of care
- Initial assessment and meeting performed by Registered Nurses
- In-home test results obtained instantly and sent to physician
- All infusion services performed by Northwestern Home Health's Registered Nurses
- Additional consultations available from certified Wound Care nurse for complex wounds
- Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the highest standard for nursing excellence
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission, the gold standard for quality healthcare institutions
In addition, Northwestern Home Health excels beyond national standards. Our timely initiation of care is above the national average (94% Northwestern Home Health vs, 89% National Benchmark) and our rehospitalization rate below the national average (23% Northwestern Home Health vs, 27% National Benchmark).
Home Health is available to individuals considered homebound, which is when leaving home requires taxing effort, the help of another individual or the use of an assistive device.
Learn more about Northwestern Home Health at the below links:
One phone call from you or your physician leads to friendly, thorough and convenient professional care—24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Northwestern Home Health is licensed in Lake, Northern Cook and Eastern McHenry counties and accredited by The Joint Commission.
For more information, please call Northwestern Home Health at 847.535.8788.
Learn more about Home Health
Healing at Home
Home health care puts homebound patients on the road to wellness more >
Home after 52 days in the Hospital
Home care makes life easier for a 23-year-old after leukemia and a stem cell transplant more >
One Heart, Many Hands
A young father’s life is saved at age 33 more >
We offer a variety of appointment times to best fit our patients' busy schedules. Please call to determine the best appointment time for you.