Grayslake Cancer Center
When it comes to fighting cancer, what matters isn’t just expert care—but personal care and the convenience of home. The same quality cancer care offered at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital is also available at the Grayslake Cancer Center.
Chemotherapy/Infusion Services and Radiation Therapy are provided in an integrated environment, with easy parking and quick access to appointments. Your care will be guided by a coordinated cancer team, with personal attention from expertly trained oncology-certified nurses. We also have Lake County’s top cancer physicians on board, including board-certified Radiation Oncology and Hematology/Oncology specialists.
Learn more about the Grayslake Cancer Center’s features below, or by viewing our photographic tour.
- Most advanced chemotherapy and infusion protocols available, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, antibiotic therapy and supportive care (blood/platelet transfusions and hydration)
- Ten new infusion bays with your choice of a private or social setting for treatments, plus views of a prairie landscape
- Learn more about Infusion Services at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Elekta Infinity Linear Accelerator technology integrates the imaging process (scanning for cancerous tissue) with the treatment process (radiation). By incorporating Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) with three-dimensional Image Guided Radiation Therapy with X-ray Volume Imaging (IGRT-XVI) cone-beam radiation, our team can visualize the tumor with high-contrast images and deliver an ultra low dose of radiation. In this way, we can target tumors more accurately, minimize exposure to healthy tissue and reduce treatment time from 20 minutes to two minutes—benefits that exceed those of current techniques.
- Clarity System, used for breast and prostate treatments, uses non-invasive, non-ionizing image guided therapy for positioning prior to treatment of sensitive, soft tissue areas.
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) delivers a highly precise dose of radiation to the target via numerous carefully directed fields, each with relatively low intensity. They enter the body from a variety of angles and unite to deliver treatment to solid tumors. With this treatment, we use the BodyFIX system to minimize the body’s movements (like breathing) to avoid harm to the healthy tissue around the tumor.
- With Electron Conformal Radiation Therapy (ECRT), we design a wax mold that is customized to fit your anatomy, which allows us to deliver electron therapy that is precisely distributed to the tumor. This works especially well for irregularly shaped tumors or tumors in sensitive areas. Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital is one of the earliest adopters of this innovative technology and the highest user in the country.
- Only institution in Lake County to use ultrasound guidance for the most accurate, real-time patient positioning
- Treatment by licensed, experienced radiation therapists
- Learn more about Radiation Therapy at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Support of nurse navigators, nutritional services, social work, pastoral care and support groups to provide holistic care
- Wig boutique with private appointments for consultation and wig fitting
- Warm, soothing center reflects nature surroundings and healing environment
- Easy parking for your appointments
- Learn more about Cancer Support Services at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
Learn more about Cancer (Oncology) Services
Research-based Breast Cancer Surgery
A board-certified breast surgeon explains how the right team can make all the difference more >
Our cancer survivorship program combines exercise, nutrition and emotional resources to support your long-term health more >
Breast Care Program Offers Comprehensive Cancer Treatment
Canadian protocol radiation therapy allows Northbrook patient to complete radiation in only four weeks more >
Healthy Women Face Breast Cancer
Local women share their experiences and stories of breast cancer survival more >
A Volunteer for Life: Cancer Clinical Trials Close to Home
Cancer clinical trials close to home more >
Pumping Iron with Cancer Patients
Lake County's only Cancer-related Fatigue Program more >
Colon Cancer: Myths vs. Facts
The second biggest killer is preventable—so why do so few get screened? more >
We offer a variety of appointment times to best fit our patients' busy schedules. Please call to determine the best appointment time for you.