Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Preserving Your Practice and Your Sanity: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of New Age Documentation and Clinical Care Guidelines
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital Monthly Speaker Series
In this monthly lecture series, physicians will discuss current research-based knowledge with their peers across different specialties.
Andrew D. Bunta, MD, board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery will present the topic:
Preserving Your Practice and Your Sanity: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of New Age Documentation and Clinical Care Guidelines.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Improve the understanding of documentation requirements necessary to support the patient's severity of illness.
• Understand guidelines and restrictions in place for coding specialists in relation to medical record data and information entries.
• Improve knowledge regarding Case Mix Index and mortality statistics.
• Clarify guidelines pertaining to patient's admission status, level of care, inpatient procedure status and the "two-midnight" rule.
• Gain understanding of Quality of Care Measures and their availability on public websites, as reported for hospitals and physicians.
• Appreciate the eventual arrival and implementation of ICD-10 and the need for consistent and accurate documentation to ease its adoption.
Continental breakfast will be served at 7:00 am and the lecture will begin at 7:30 am.
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Andrew D. Bunta, MD, Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
Friday, September 5, 2014
- Breakfast is served at 7 am and the CME is 7:30-8:30 am
|location||Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital Health Education Center Room A|
CME - Quarterly Speaker Series
Thursday, September 18, 2014
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.