55+ Healthy Aging
A Matter of Balance Program
In Lake County, over 60 percent of people over age 65 who go to an emergency department do so because of a fall. Nationally, falls are the leading cause of injury death among senior citizens.
That's why Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital physical therapists offer “A Matter of Balance,” an affordable, research-based senior fall prevention program for seniors in the community.
A Matter of Balance Fall Prevention Program
- One two-hour session each week, for eight consecutive weeks
- Led by Leslie Buchenberger, PT, Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital licensed physical therapist who specializes in balance retraining
- Sessions include Individual balance testing, problem-solving, tips and discussion, followed by 40 minutes of light exercise, strength-building and cool down
- A break in-between activities
- No physician referral required—simply call to register!
Fee is $20.00 for the full eight sessions. For more information or to register, please contact Kathy Schulte, PT, at 847.535.7564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- for eight weeks through Wednesday, July 2, 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.