2016 Women's Board Scholarship Application
Thank you for your interest in the Women's Board of Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital's Scholarships. The Women's Board is pleased to offer the following scholarship opportunities:
- The A.B. Dick, Jr. Scholarship, established in 1952, is named for the first chairman of the hospital's Board of Directors. Mr. Dick's family donated the land on which our main hospital campus sits. Mr. Dick served on the Board from 1940 to 1951. These scholarship awards generally range from $500 to $2,000 to each recipient.
- The Marion Warner Hodgkins Scholarship was established in honor of the first president and founder of the Women's Board. Mrs. Hodgkins served on the Women's Board from 1946 until her death in 2000. This scholarship awards up to $5,000 to a scholarship applicant who shows exceptional talent and promise.
- The Helen Dick Bronson Scholarship was established in 2009 in memory of A.B. Dick, Jr.'s daughter, Helen Dick Bronson. Helen was a member of the Women's Board for 60 years and served as president from 1962 to 1965. $2,000 to $3,500 will be awarded to a scholarship applicant who is currently employed at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.
- The Christina Schulte Fisher Scholarship was established in 2007 to honor the exceptional volunteer service of Mrs. Fisher. Her invaluable commitment to and support of Lake Forest Hospital through membership on the Board of Directors and the Women's Board have been of immeasurable benefit to the hospital and the community. These scholarships generally range from $500 to $1,500 to as many as three recipients.
To learn more about these scholarships and who is eligible to apply, please review our Cover Letter and Eligibility Requirements.
Women's Board Scholarship Application Instructions
Each applicant must complete the following items to be considered for a scholarship; learn more in our Scholarship Application Policies and Instructions:
- Download and complete the scholarship application by April 1, 2016. Please complete only one application as our committee will determine for which scholarships you are eligible. For clarification, you may refer to our Eligibility Requirements.
- Submit the following items by mail or fax to the Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital Office of Philanthropy by April 1, 2016:
- A one-page profile of yourself, stressing factors relevant to your occupational goals. Include your occupational choice, qualifications for this occupation, long-term goals and any special considerations.
- An official transcript of your most recently attended educational institution. Please include the previous fall semester if you are currently a student.
- If you are not currently enrolled in the educational institution you will attend the next academic year, please submit official proof of acceptance.
- Please download our recommendation form and print or send copies to two people (recent professors, counselors, or present employer/supervisor) whom you select as personal references. Ask that they return the forms directly to the Office of Philanthropy at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital at the address below by April 1, 2016.
Complete scholarship submissions and required documentation are due by April 1, 2016. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. All supporting documents should be sent to:
|Office of Philanthropy|
|Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital|
|660 North Westmoreland Road|
|Lake Forest, Illinois 60045|
All applicants will be notified on or about May 13, 2016 as to the status of their application as determined by the Scholarship Committee.
For more information, contact the Office of Philanthropy at 847.535.6111 or email@example.com.