Hunter Family Center for Women’s Health Celebrates 5th Anniversary
For five years, the Hunter Family Center for Women’s Health, which includes the Waud Family Maternity Center and the comprehensive services of the Posy Krehbiel Breast Care Center, has provided the latest in diagnostic screening, outpatient treatment, home-based services, therapy, classes and comfort for every stage of life.
Our nurse navigator program offers patients a uniquely personalized approach to their comfort and well-being, guiding them through every step of cancer testing, diagnosis, surgery and/or treatment regimen.
Since opening, the center has provided:
- 19,000+ mammograms
- 22,000+ total imaging procedures per year at Posy Krehbiel Breast Care Center
- 11,000+ births
- More than 1,000 total Level II+ neonatal patients* treated in Special Care Nursery
- 103,000+ total procedures at Hunter Family Center for Women’s Health (2004–2008)
The Hunter Center features four digital mammogram rooms (including a larger detector with less radiation for larger breasted women), three ultrasound rooms, bone density room and stereotactic breast biopsy room.
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital’s surgical subspecialists are trained and board certified in general surgery, surgical oncology, laparoscopic surgery, neurosurgery, oral/maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, pediatric orthopedic surgery, plastic surgery, pelvic surgery and urogynecologic vascular surgery.
*Level II+ is a state certification that allows Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital to keep stable ventilated babies (instead of transferring them to Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago) under collaborative management with Lurie Children's pediatric hospitalists and neonatologists.
- Cancer (Oncology) Services for Women at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Gynecology Services for Women at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Imaging (Radiology) Services for Women at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Obstetrics (Maternity) Services for Women at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Find a physician at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital