Amenities & Special Services
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
The following amenities are available onsite at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital. Click on each link below to find its location, hours and more information.
- Au Bon Pain Café and Bakery
- Cafeteria (Patio Grille)
- Gift Shop
- Hearing Impaired Services
- Interpreter Services
- Legal Documents
- Reading Materials
- Vending Machines
An automatic teller machine is located on the ground floor next to the cafeteria.
PATIO GRILLE AND AU BON PAIN CAFÉ AND BAKERY
Patio Grille (cafeteria) is located on the ground floor and an Au Bon Pain Café and Bakery is on the first floor near the Visitor Entrance. These new hours are effective March 26, 2012.
|Patio Grille (Cafeteria)|
|Monday to Friday||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday to Sunday||Closed|
|Au Bon Pain Café and Bakery|
|Monday to Friday||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday to Sunday||7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
Two chapels are available at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital for private worship and reflection. One is located on the first floor of the main hospital and the other is located in the Hunter Family Center for Women’s Health. Members of the Pastoral Care staff are available to assist or counsel you, whatever your religious beliefs. Your priest, minister or rabbi is always welcome to visit you at the hospital. Holy Communion is available by request. Please call 847.535.6070 or notify your nurse if you would like to receive Communion.
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital's Gift Shop carries a variety of one-of-a-kind items, including pieces from various artists. Flowers and gift baskets are available and can be delivered to patients. The Gift Shop, located on the first floor near the Visitor Entrance, is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visa, MasterCard, checks and cash are accepted. Call 847.535.6854 to place your order over the phone.
HEARING IMPAIRED SERVICES
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), CapTel phone for a listen/view option, and telephone amplifiers are all available to help hearing impaired patients, or patients who want to communicate with a hearing-impaired relative or friend. Contact the Communications Department for more information. Closed-captioned television programming and video cassettes or DVD players are also available depending on your hospital location.
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital believes that all patients and their families deserve clear and thorough communication about their healthcare. Interpreter services for non-English speaking patients are available. To help ensure a smooth hospital stay, please tell your doctor and in advance about your language needs. In addition, an AT&T language line is available if necessary. Respect for cultural practices and beliefs and adherence to a strict code of ethics, which includes the patient’s right to privacy and confidentiality, are upheld at all times.
For your convenience, blank copies of certain legal documents are available from Pastoral Care and Administration. They include:
- Advance Directives. You have the right to consent to or refuse medical treatment. Advance directives help assure your wishes concerning medical treatment are carried out even if you no longer have decisional capacity. Advance directives include the Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare and the Living Will.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare. This document allows you, while you are still able to make decisions, to designate a person (known as the agent) to make healthcare decisions on your behalf should you lose your capacity to make your own medical decisions. It also allows you to specify your wishes to your agent in advance of illness about what kind of treatment you would prefer in different medical situations, including situations that are not life threatening.
- Living Will. This document instructs your physician to withhold or withdraw death-delaying procedures should you develop a terminal condition. If you sign a living will, it will go into effect only when you have an incurable, irreversible condition, you are no longer capable of making or communicating health care decisions and intervention will only serve to prolong the dying process.
Newspapers are available from the receptionist at the Visitors' Entrance. Magazines can be found in most waiting areas and may also be purchased in the Gift Shop.
Vending machines with snack foods and beverages are located on the ground floor near the cafeteria and ATM machine.
The following amenities are available onsite at Northwestern Grayslake.
In October 2009, the Grayslake Acute Care Center was licensed as a Freestanding Emergency Center (FEC). As an Emergency Center, we can now treat a wider range of injuries and provide emergency care for patients in western Lake County.
The new center has 14 emergency treatment beds, staffed by the same board-certified emergency physicians, nurse practitioners, advanced life support technicians and certified nurses who provide skilled care at the Emergency Department on Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital’s main campus. It continues to be open 24/7.
Learn more about Emergency Services at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital.
Our café menu offers light snacks, healthy food selections and freshly brewed Starbucks coffee. Hours of operation are effective as of August 9, 2012.
|Monday to Thursday||7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
Offering fashionable prescription eyewear and sunglasses to customers of all ages, our full-service boutique offers top quality service and optical expertise.